Listening to the wishes of the residents
Alban Manor provides accomodation for up to 80 residents. Set in a modern yet homely purpose-built facility just 1 mile from St Albans town centre. Alban Manor aims to meet the Residents' needs by listening to their wishes and by conducting an individual assessment of their requirements. The team of dedicated professionals is highly trained. They provide 24 hour care based on personal needs and levels of dependency. Our guarantee is to provide a "Home from Home" giving peace of mind to you and your Family.
Our bedrooms have been purpose built to be spacious and have been equipped to provide all the comforts you might require. All bedrooms have been stylishly decorated by our interior designer and residents are encouraged to bring smaller items of personal furniture or effects that have sentimental significance on order to personalise their room.
All rooms benefit from the following facilities:
- Wifi fully installed throughout the home
- Profiling bed and specialist mattress as per the resident’s needs
- Bedside light
- En suite wet room
- Remote control smart television enabling residents to use online streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon
- Fully monitored nurse call system
- Special nursing accessories are provided according to our resident' s particular needs.
The Home has a variety of exceptionally spacious communal rooms, which allows our residents to join in communal activities or quietly entertain their families and friends. Both the Windsor and Balmoral suite have their own lounge facilities and dining rooms. In addition throughout the home we are pleased to provide a variety of other communal spaces and facilities including:
- Olde post office – our own shop selling newspapers, flowers and snacks
- Zen Wellness spa – a multipurpose space for yoga, gym exercises and physiotherapy
- The Picture House – in house cinema room which can be enjoyed as a group or booked for private hire
- The George bar and bistro
- Two hairdressing salons
- Beautifully manicured gardens
As well as general nursing care for the elderly, the home has specialist facilities for those living with dementia. We are able to support residents that may have physical disabilities, learning difficulties or require dedicated treatment for specialist diseases, disorders or injury. Matron Kamal Gill, has built an exceptional team of nurses and carers who share her person-centred approach to providing exemplary standards of supported living in a happy, homely setting. Bright personalities and strong communication skills are highly valued. All are encouraged to enhance their skills and knowledge through continuous appraisal and professional development programmes.
The Windsor Suite provides support for 38 residents who need support with everyday living and physical care needs and those residents with early onset dementia. It is located on the ground floor and caters for varying levels of dependency. The Balmoral Suite occupies the first floor and is home to 42 residents who may have a dementia-type illness or other mental health conditions. With its dedicated staff, sensory walls and reminiscence areas, Balmoral delivers specialised care in a bespoke, safe environment.
All our residents benefit from our specialist care services:
- Qualified Nursing Staff on duty 24 hours a day
- Individual assessments of need in consultation with family members
- Specialised equipment including electric hoists, pressure relieving mattresses and full size lift access to all floors
- All staff trained to understand how it feels to live with dementia
- Doctors in regular attendance with option for local residents to remain with existing GP
- Stimulating activities programme designed to promote mental and physical wellbeing
- Retained physiotherapist to assess physical needs and encourage independence
- Visiting dental and chiropody services
- In house Yoga instructor
Please see our website for further information.