Close Date: 31st March 2021
Published: 16th December 2020
Activities Assistant required in Buntingford
Layston Grove is a specially designed, purpose-built luxury care home providing 24-hour residential and dementia care in an elegant and state-of-the-art setting. Comfort, care, safety and security have all been built into Layston Grove, to provide continual support for our VIP residents (all of our residents are VIP’s!).
As a Lifestyle Assistant, you will play an integral role within the care home, working as part of a small team, you will be responsible for providing group and individual activities, external excursions and integration within the local community. Resident activities play a key part in our home, ensuring our residents are motivated, stimulated and included in the day to day interactions which in turn enables them to live a fulfilled and enriched life. You will become part of the care home family and let’s be honest, YOU are what makes our home a great place to live and work!
We are looking for individuals who have an upbeat personality, a happy disposition, self-motivated, the ability to encourage others and those who are keen to provide the best activity schedule in the care sector. We welcome all levels of experience as you will be supported and guided by the Lifestyle Manager.
Your hours of work will vary depending on the activity schedule and you will be required to work five out of seven days (35 hours per week in total), including weekends on a rota basis.
We will offer: -
• A permanent contract of employment
• A competitive annual salary
• Above average annual leave entitlement
• A workplace pension scheme
• Annual bonus scheme
• A professional uniform
• An impressive working environment
• Comprehensive training
• Fully funded DBS check
• Ongoing support and mentoring
• Career progression
You will offer: -
• A good level of numeracy & literacy skills
• An excellent level of communication
• The ability to work as part of a dynamic team
• Reliability with an element of flexibility as and when required
• A willingness to learn and develop new skills
• An upbeat personality and positive attitude
• Empathy, encouragement and patience
• An understanding of elderly and/or dementia care would be an advantage
This is a varied and rewarding role that will no doubt provide you with a feeling of job satisfaction. If you are seeking an exciting opportunity with a forward-thinking organisation, then this could be the job for you!
- Salary: Up to £25k
- Location: Buntingford
- Category: Care Homes
- Close Date: 31st March 2021
- Published: 16th December 2020
Use the form below to search our latest job opportunities.