Traditional English pub nestled in the cosy village of Digswell
The Cowper Arms is all about Hearty British Pub Favourites, International Specials, Fine Wines & Local Ales. Offering a menu of traditional English pub classics, with internationally inspired specials hand-crafted by the chefs in house. The food is paired with local McMullen Ales brewed down-the-road in Hertford and a selection of fine wines. You can relax by the fire, enjoy our weekly live music events and quiz nights
Useless Pub Quiz
- All that Useless information knocking around in your head could win you a Winner-Takes-All Cash Prize.
- £2 per person entry fee – All that money goes to the winning team
- 2nd Place: £25 meal voucher
- 3rd Place: Bottle of Wine
- Plus there are chocolates for our favourite bits of Useless Trivia
- The more people, the higher the prize fund so tell your friends – the ones who aren’t as clever as you
- Maximum team size is 8 people
- Every Sunday from 8pm. Food served until 7pm, so come early and have some brain food and some brain beer before we start.
Open Mic Night
Live Music Tuesday from 9pm. There is live music every Tuesday night at the Cowper Arms. The best up-and-coming musicians – stars of tomorrow and those who do it as a hobby and a passion – play for warm and friendly audience at the Cowper Arms every week. If you are musically gifted and want to share your talent, put your name down and get up and play. Or just come along and be serenaded by a huge line-up of brilliant musicians while you enjoy a pint or a bottle of wine
Mondays from 5pm. Every Monday. Get 2 Bavette Steak Meals with Chips, tomato and mushrooms + a side of Onion Rings + a glass of wine, beer or soft drink each for just £25. Bavette Steak is normally £16 each + Onion Rings £3 + Drinks Approx. £3-£5 each = £45. That’s a saving of approx. £20!
We’re right next to Welwyn North station, perfect for a bite to eat or a quick drink before heading home after a long day’s work.
31 Station Road,
Just put AL6 0EA into your sat-nav and the lovely lady will guide you right to us.
If you’re worried you may want to leave your car at home, we are within easy walking distance of all of Digswell, Burnham Green, Welwyn village, Tewin and most of Welwyn Garden City – if you get the train part of the way to the far side.
- Mon 11.30am - 11pm
- Tue 11.30am - 11pm
- Wed 11.30am - 11pm
- Thur 11.30am - 11pm
- Fri 11.30am - 11pm
- Sat 11.30am - 11pm
- Sun 12am - 11pm
- Serves Food