Senior Care Assistant
Salary: £12.13 weekday and £12.41 weekend (per hour)
Location: St. Albans
Close Date: 31st December 2023
Published: 9th August 2023
B&M Care is a private residential and specialist dementia care provider that operates a 26-care home portfolio in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Northamptonshire. Underpinned by the group’s aspirational model of care – ‘Rose Model of Dementia Care’ – B&M Care has established a benchmark standard for delivering exceptional care that reflects the everyday rhythms of life. B&M Care is dedicated to perfecting its level of care through continual innovation, the highest standards of person-centred practice and you – the future of B&M Care.
St Matthews Care Home, part of the B&M Care Group in Redbourn is looking for a Senior Care Assistant to support the Home Manager, Deputy Manager and Assistant Manager in all aspects of the home’s management.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- To assist the Manager, Deputy Manager and Assistant Manager in the running of the home in an efficient and caring manner in their absence.
- Ensure a walking handover is carried out and that all residents are accounted for at the start and the end of the shift.
- Ensure that all staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the home and the creation of the right atmosphere and leading by example.
- Support with the training and development of all staff and supporting the in-house training programme is both implemented and monitored to a high standard.
- Support residents with all aspects of personal care whilst maintaining and promoting independence.
- Support residents to use the environment in accordance with their care plan and to have an understanding of the Mobile Care Monitoring System (MCM).
- Support and promote all aspects of personal care with dignity and respect.
Essential Skills, Characteristics and Experience:
- Minimum of NVQ 2 working towards NVQ Level 3 or above.
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor staff and to be a team player.
- Communicate and interact effectively with both residents and staff.
Our Commitment to You:
- Competitive rates of pay
- £1.00 hourly rate enhancement for working contracted hours
- Free uniform (provided)
- Wellbeing Support Line (available to all members of staff)
- Flexible working within a supportive environment
- Long Service Awards
- B&M Care’s Golden Rose Staff Recognition Awards
- Industry-envied training and in-house Leadership Pathway Programme
- Support & career development
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Auto-Enrolment Pension
Additional benefits for new starters to end of April 2023:
£250 introduction payment for the new starter and referer
£1.25 hourly rate enhancement for overtime hours
Blue Light Card to access 15,000+ discounts from large national retailers
- Salary: Up to £25k
- Location: St. Albans
- Category: Care Homes
- Close Date: 31st December 2023
- Published: 9th August 2023