Salary: £9.35 p/h
Close Date: 31st July 2021
Published: 24th May 2021
Kitchen Assistant 9am-3pm (21 hours)
Layston Grove is a luxurious, purpose-built care home providing an enviable environment where residents receive quality care on an All-inclusive basis. Our All-inclusive promise provides peace of mind to our residents in knowing that their lifestyle, comfort and care needs are all catered for in one clear, fixed fee with no billable extras. Our home is within easy reach of the A10 and motorway network making it nice and convenient for friends and family to visit.
We are looking for a kitchen assistant To ensure that the kitchen and related areas are always maintained in a clean and safe condition, observing and maintaining food hygiene standards and safety rules. You’re a good team player who takes pride in their job and is happy to go the extra mile. Led by the Head Chef, you will make sure all kitchen equipment and areas are properly cleaned. As part of our hard-working team, you will also help prepare tasty, nutritious meals that our residents and guests will enjoy. You will support the chefs by cooking breakfast in the mornings and at main mealtimes, under the direction of the chefs ensure the food is delivered in a timely manner to all our residents. You will be responsible for safe, hygienic food storage and for making sure kitchen equipment and cleaning materials are kept in their correct places. In return, we’ll give you lots of support, training and opportunities to progress in your career.
You must have the following qualifications
- Basic education including English and Maths
We are looking for someone with the following experience
- Experience of working within a busy kitchen environment as part of a team
We are looking for someone with the following technical skills
- The ability to manage priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal To understand and ability to adhere to infection control, health and safety/COSHH guidelines
- Proven ability to organise priorities.
The ideal candidate will have these personal qualities
- Thoughtful, kind, compassionate. Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic with a can do attitude.
- always Works collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information
- Shares ideas with others [to make improvements]
- Keen to learn and improve own performance
- Committed to communicate with customers to understand their needs
- Will go the extra mile to help fulfil customers’ needs
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude to work
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a team
The following is preferred but not essential
- Catering Qualification
- Experience gained in a care home environment
- Use of a staff appraisal system
For more information about this vacancy click HERE
To apply for this vacancy click HERE
- Salary: Up to £10 per hour
- Location: Buntingford
- Category: Care Homes
- Close Date: 31st July 2021
- Published: 24th May 2021
Use the form below to search our latest job opportunities.