Hotel Operations Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Close Date: 30th September 2022
Published: 12th May 2022
Aubrey Park is an independent hotel conveniently close to St. Albans and Hemel Hempstead being only 5 miles from both towns. A stylish, AA Rosette award winning hotel set in 9 acres of landscaped gardens and woods, with great conference and banqueting facilities.
We are currently recruiting for a Hotel Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that each department delivers a consistently high standard of guest service. Also, achieve business objectives and maximise the profitability of all outlets. Maintain effective cost controls in all areas.
- Plan and direct the hotel main operations including quality, standards, cleanliness, guest satisfaction.
- Promote a culture of excellence in guest care through a warm welcome and a desire to exceed expectations.
- Work alongside all HODs to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operations.
- Conduct regular operations meeting with all HODs to discuss routine operational matters, departmental performance targets and guest feedback.
- Deputise for the Managing Director in his absence and at various meetings & events.
- Be responsible for maximising profit through the consistent delivery of the highest standard of service.
- Ensure consistent implementation and review of SOPs throughout all Departments.
- Be responsible for all the day-to-day queries, complaints or problems that arise in the hotel.
- Monitor the hotel functions book and familiarise yourself with all updates & amendments.
- Liaise daily with the Managing Director and Food & Beverage to forecast Hotel business on a weekly basis and plan accordingly.
- Maximise financial opportunities and achieve pro-active up-selling environment throughout the hotel.
- Carry out Duty Management shifts as required.
- Conduct regular fire walks and Health & Safety audits.
- Promote a positive employee relations culture through effective communication and regular team meetings.
- Carry out regular inspections of all departments in the areas of guest service delivery, cleanliness, presentation, service delivery, employee presentation and grooming.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the Hotel premises.
We also offer a Bonus scheme.
Education: A-Level or equivalent (preferred)
8 hour shifts.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
- Salary: £25k - £35k
- Location: Hemel Hempstead
- Category: Hotels & Accommodation
- Close Date: 30th September 2022
- Published: 12th May 2022
Use the form below to search our latest job opportunities.